Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghostbusters (open rpg)

5 posters

Go down

Ghostbusters (open rpg) Empty Ghostbusters (open rpg)

Post by Ronald Knox Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Ronald Knox lay in his bed in the old firehouse in New York City. He had just woken up a while ago and was pondering why he and most of his team had British accents when they lived in America. Funny that. He thought to himself.

He didn't quite want to wake up, but still hoped the alarm would go off at some point that day. He loved catching ghosts. He loved the feeling of dominance over the fear of the unknown.
Ronald Knox
Ronald Knox

Back to top Go down

Ghostbusters (open rpg) Empty Re: Ghostbusters (open rpg)

Post by Vicki Venkman Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Vicki stood at the front desk and stared at the phone. Nothing was happening. At all, they had been having a very slow week. "Oh Claudeie? Dr. Faustus?" She strolled over to her colleague who was tinkering with the containment cell. "What happened? Is it possible for the dead to die? Are we going to have to face the ghost of our careers next?"

She looked down at the man who had goggles pulled over his glasses, and grease all over him. He had the end of a stethoscope held up to the door and was listening. Rolling her eyes, Vicki grabbed the end and brought it to her mouth. "Hello?!" She said loudly. She smiled when he jumped.
Vicki Venkman
Vicki Venkman
Admin

https://reaperlibrary.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Claude sat up and rubbed his ears carefully. "There seems to be a lot of excitement going on in there." He said very seriously. He stood up and brushed some of the dirt and dust off his jacket. He held up a finger and motioned for Vicki to follow him up stairs and to his lab.

Once they were there he pointed at the computer screen. "See this? It's a major flux in the energy of the contained ghosts. They know something we don't." He pointed up to Slimer, their mascot of sorts. He was flying frantically around the light fixture. "Something big is coming." He said, his voice taking on a bit more excitement.

"We may be facing a full spectral upheaval, and possible a full body solid apparition." He knew Vicki was going to bark at him to speak English at any time. "The dead may rise."
Claude
Claude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki Venkman Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:02 pm

"Zombies?" Vicki asked with an eyebrow raised. "Seriously? You tell me the dead will rise, and hey, I'm thinking zombies." She watched him stare at her. She knew he didn't mean zombies per se, but she did like screwing with him.

Taking things seriously she looked back at the computer screen. "I'm guessing Eponine should be getting a call at any time. Maybe we should suit up and be ready just in case." She walked over to the closet and pulled out her uniform.

"Get dressed and get your butts out of bed!" She called in to the sleeping quarters. She rapped on the door with her knuckle. "Ronald! Sebastian! That means you two." She walked in to her own room to get dressed. Finally, some action.
Vicki Venkman
Vicki Venkman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronald Knox Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:31 am

Ronald jumped so high he fell off the bed. "I'm coming!!" He scrambled to pull on his flight suit uniform and rand to the shelf to grab his proton pack, a couple of traps and a P.K.E. Meter.
Ronald Knox
Ronald Knox

Back to top Go down

Post by Éponine Thénardier Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:42 pm

When the phone rings, Éponine picks it up, placing it to her ear as she continues to shuffle things around on her desk. "Hel-" she starts to say, but is interrupted by frantic calls for help. "Wait, what? Ghosts or zombies? How many? Hello?" as the call breaks off, she feels some fear in her gut before she hurries to alert everyone. "We've got a call!" she exclaims, "But I couldn't make much out of it," she gives the address to Vicki as she explains what she was told. "Whoever was on the other end of that call said that they have a major ghost problem, and also mentioned 'zombies'. I have no idea of how many, but it sounded like there were multiple ghosts there.

((Sorry if this is OOC at all. I've never seen Ghostbusters.))
Éponine Thénardier
Éponine Thénardier

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki Venkman Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:39 pm

((Good job. Smile ))

Vicki took the paper and stared at it. This is the museum where they have the horrors of England exhibit set up." She muttered. "Want to tag along, we know ghosts but we may need your expertise in other supernatural creatures." She said to Eponine.

Vicki hooked a P.K.E. Meter to her belt and pulled on her proton pack. "I'd be nice to have another girl tag along. I'm sure Ronald wouldn't mind." She added with a smirk.

"Zombies?" She shook her head as they loaded in to the Ecto-1. "There are no such things as zombies!"
Vicki Venkman
Vicki Venkman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Éponine Thénardier Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:02 am

Éponine looks up at Vicki with a smile. "Sure, I'd love to tag along!" She goes over to where the extra equipment is stored and starts to hurriedly pull them on.

"Oh, I'm sure he won't," she grins back, her gaze falling on Ron before she quickly turns around. She suppresses a laugh as she finishes pulling on her equipment. "I'm glad to join you,"

"Well, most people say that there are no such things as ghosts," she counters, taking her place behind Vicki, "and we know that they do, so why can't zombies exist?"
Éponine Thénardier
Éponine Thénardier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastian Michaelis Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:42 am

"Because zombies have to have a type of voodoo curse to animate a lifeless corpse. Ghosts however are just another form of energy." Sebastian explains, sliding down the fire pole in full gear. He walks over to Vicki and hands her a pair of scientific looking goggles. "Claude's new invention." He explains. "They let you follow that energy trail to the specter."

He walks over to the car and climbs in to the driver's seat. "You coming along on this one Eponine?" He smiles warmly. "I brought a few extra pairs of those." He points to the goggles.
Sebastian Michaelis
Sebastian Michaelis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronald Knox Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:47 am

Ron follows Sebastian down the pole and grins. "Yes! My girl is coming." He walks over and gives her a kiss. "You be careful and stick with me, Claude thinks this may be a big one. Did you know this exhibit is housing both the artifacts and cases from Jack the Ripper, Marie Antoinette and the cases from the Tower of London?" He rubs his hands together, excited.
Ronald Knox
Ronald Knox

Back to top Go down

Post by Éponine Thénardier Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:48 pm

"Yes I am," she answers, taking the offered goggles. "Thanks,"

"Alright, I'll be careful," she says with a grin as she gives Ron a kiss on the cheek. "Oh, that sounds so neat," she exclaims in excitement, a grin spreading across her face.
Éponine Thénardier
Éponine Thénardier

Back to top Go down

Post by Claude Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:58 pm

"Neat." Claude said in a monotone. "Yes. And highly dangerous. That is a lot of negative energy concentrated in one room. And the exhibit focuses around one of the deadliest and most elusive serial killers of all time."

He walked over and pulled up pictures from the museum on the computer. "The even have a working guillotine, I suggest staying away from that." Next he pulled up pictures of fully armed suits of armor. "And stay away from these. If they decide to become possessed and begin to animate I don't think getting a mace to the back of your head will help the situation any."
Claude
Claude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastian Michaelis Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:06 pm

"They say Jack the Ripper may have been two people." Sebastian added, not helping to calm anyone's nerves. He smiled as Claude sat in the seat next to him and handed him a Twinkie. "Maybe we should used the Boson darts against them."
Sebastian Michaelis
Sebastian Michaelis

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki Venkman Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:50 pm

"Or the positively charged slime shooter." She frowns at Sebastian in her seat. "Who said you got shotgun?" She climbs in behind him next to Ron and sighs. "Let's just hope the museum is willing to pay our fees, not like the other place, that hotel? They still owe us five grand."
Vicki Venkman
Vicki Venkman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastian Michaelis Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:57 pm

Sebastian started the car and they head out to their destination. On the way he noticed the sky was an odd purple pink color. He spotted several floating trees in Central Park. "Anyone else notice anything odd happening?" He asks calmly.
Sebastian Michaelis
Sebastian Michaelis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronald Knox Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:42 pm

Ron looks up at the sky and scratches his head. "I don't think it's usually that color." He says casting a glance around at the other guys. He than sees a suit of armor marching up the street, behind it was a confederate soldier. "Uh, a bit out of date aren't they?"
Ronald Knox
Ronald Knox

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki Venkman Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:52 am

Vicki pulled out her P.K.E. Meter and it went off frantically. "Off the chart reading." She sighed. "Looks like it's overtime for us. See anything like this before Eponine?"
Vicki Venkman
Vicki Venkman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Éponine Thénardier Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:30 am

"No, I haven't," she says, shaking her head. "And yes, they do feel rather out of place," Through the irony in her voice, she shifts her position in her seat. "So, what are we going to do?"
Éponine Thénardier
Éponine Thénardier

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki Venkman Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:20 pm

Vicki grinned and nodded at the other ghostbusters. "Blast 'em." She opened the car door and stepped out. The marched up to the nearest suit of armor and tapped on it's helmet. "Hey buddy," when she had it's attention, she fired a blast from her particle thrower at it. The armor just fell to pieces and clattered to the ground.

Vicki kicked the helmet and than shrugged and looked back to the car. "No ghost in there, something must be controlling it."
Vicki Venkman
Vicki Venkman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Éponine Thénardier Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:29 pm

Joining Vicki, Éponine drops next to her knees next to the helmet, taking it into her hands and turning it over. She runs a finger through the inside of the helmet and retracts it coated in a strange substance. "Now this is strange," she mutters, "What is this?"
Éponine Thénardier
Éponine Thénardier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastian Michaelis Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:47 pm

"Ectoplasm." Sebastian says leaning over her. "It's usually just a ghostly residue, but it can be used to control inanimate objects." He scoops some out and puts it in a container he gets out of his pocket. "I'm going to take a sample and run some tests on it."

He looked up and saw a purple storm cloud covering the museum. "I think we should head there."
Sebastian Michaelis
Sebastian Michaelis

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki Venkman Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:10 pm

(I'm calling you Egon in this.)
Vicki looks up at Egon and smiles. "Of course, you should run some tests, of anyone can sort this out, it's you." She wraps her arms around his neck and gives him a quick kiss. "Now let's got break this rookie in and go bust some ghosts."
Vicki Venkman
Vicki Venkman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Éponine Thénardier Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:32 pm

Éponine grins, "Thank you, that would be helpful," She gets to her feet and joins Vicki. "I do not want to be a hindrance to you guys with my only skills being my book skills,"
Éponine Thénardier
Éponine Thénardier

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki Venkman Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:28 pm

"Not at all, it'll be nice to have someone besides Egon know what's going on." Vicki says with a smile. She leaps in to the car and thinks while they head in to the museum. She turns back to her receptionist. "Ok, now, this is how you start the thing up," she says pointing to a little lever on the pack."

She moves her hand back down to the particle thrower. "This, turns this on." She points to another little lever and she points to the one above it, "flip this, and on the other side flip that one and you're ready to fire."
Vicki Venkman
Vicki Venkman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronald Knox Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:39 pm

(Shit, sorry Vicki.)
Ron leans forward. "I'll help her if she runs in to trouble." He says, looking up at the leader. "We got this."
Ronald Knox
Ronald Knox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down